A pair of NetsBlox services provide a variety of options to Wordle and Snap!/NetsBlox enthusiasts to engage with the new favorite pastime of our time. The WordGuess service lets the user start a new game by making the server pick a word. If it is a 5-letter word the user asks for, it is selected from the same set of words the official Wordle game uses. Then the user can make a series of guesses and the server responds with feedback about the matching letters just like Wordle does. This service makes it possible to create Wordle clients, e.g., https://editor.netsblox.org/?action=present&Username=ledeczi&ProjectName=NetsBloxWordle& or lets users develop automated players like this simple one: https://editor.netsblox.org/?action=present&Username=ledeczi&ProjectName=Wordle%20Autoplay&. Another option is to create a project that "helps" in solving the official Wordle. Finally, the DailyWordGuess service offers only a single word per day, so whenever the New York Times moves the game behind its paywall, we can still enjoy Wordle courtesy of NetsBlox.
- 5 min
- Snap!Con 2022
- Lightning Talk
This session is a part of:
Another round of lightning talks!
- The Abstraction Obstruction
- Variations on Wordle
- Implementation of block programming for learning artificial intelligence principles
- Teaching and Learning Model of Creative Collaboration Intelligence
- Learning about vector graphics using Turtlestitch and Snap!
- Competence measure in snap! projects
- Genetic Programming, anyone?